Vitacost Certified Organic Raw & Unfiltered Honey U.S. Grade A - Non GMO Description
How sweet it is! Vitacost? Raw & Unfiltered Honey is so pure in flavor and rich in texture, you?ll never go back to ordinary clover varieties again.
- Raw & unfiltered wildflower honey
- Non-GMO & USDA certified organic
- No additives or preservatives
- Naturally gluten free and fat free
- A perfect sugar alternative
- Full bodied with surprisingly delicate texture
The buzz is that raw honey is better. Why? Hardworking honeybees do their duty to create nature?s perfect food (did you know honey is the only food substance that never spoils?), rich in vitamins, minerals, enzymes and other nutrients and sweet as can be without any added sugar. Heat it, treat it and pack the pretty-looking liquid in bottles?and you get ordinary supermarket honey, stripped of the good stuff that makes this liquid gold truly golden.
Raw honey, on the other hand, is minimally processed, leaving beneficial nutrients where they belong. The flavor is fuller, the texture is thicker and you can spoon in or spread on nutritious deliciousness as if it were straight from the hive.
Why you?ll love it
Open up a bottle of Vitacost? Raw Honey and you won?t bee-lieve the glorious golden color and pure, sweet scent. Created by bees that foraged on fields of colorful wildflowers, it?s fresh-tasting, mild and rich with subtle floral notes.
Non-GMO, certified organic, naturally gluten free and stable on your shelf as long as you let it last, Vitacost? Raw Honey is a healthy and sweet addition to your day?spread it on or sample some straight from the spoon (we promise we won?t judge!).
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA?s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Substituting Honey for Sugar
- For amounts 1 cup or less, use equal amounts of honey for sugar. Over one cup, replace each cup of sugar with 2/3 to 3/4 cup honey.
- Lower the baking temperature 25 degrees and watch your time carefully because products with honey brown faster.
- In recipes using more than one cup honey for sugar, it may be necessary to reduce liquids by 1/4 cup per cup of honey.
- In baked goods, if not already in the recipe, add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. This reduces the acidity of the honey and increases the volume of your product.
No refrigeration is required. If crystallization occurs, place container in a pan of warm water to remove crystals without compromising rawness.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|??Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|??Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g||6%|
|Not a significant source of cholesterol, dietary fiber, vitamins A or C, calcium or iron.|
Do not feed raw honey to infants (children less than?1 year old). As this product contains natural ingredients, the color varies.